Friday, October 1, 2010

Thing 20: My Friend Twitter

Twitter is a very powerful tool...if one has the time. Often I Twitter for just a few minutes, always accessing interesting links.

For example tonight, I clicked this link Think Before You Speak, posted by author Jodi Picoult and immediately began contemplating how I might use this sight when we journey through my next unit on anti-bullying.

As a result of Twitter, our 21 CLC group "met" author Suzie Boss via Skype due to our initial contact through Twitter last summer when I posted about our group and she responded.  Cool!  (I blogged here on my personal blog Treasure Chest of Thoughts about that experience.)

My Twitter account equates to a very reliable PLN, but to have that, I only "friend" those who will enhance the professional growth I experience there.  I currently follow 171 people, most of whom are directly involved in education, technology, writing, hobbies.  Please feel free to browse those I follow and add them to your list.

Not until you develop your list will you truly appreciate the value of this PLN that we call Twitter. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment