Monday, July 26, 2010

Thing 12: Delicious

Delicious is a social-bookmarking tool, one we use with our students, (one that, although I use it....shhhhhhh....I actually prefer Diigo). With that said, now let me jump-even-more-on-board and encourage your use of this tech tool (or your using such a tool...some prefer Digg...and others!).

REASONS I LIKE Delicious:
  1. My Network: I enjoy checking in on my network to see who is tagging what. Yes, this a great way to quickly access the the very latest of what my professional peers are reading. Cool.
  2. Tags: By tagging my sources, I am, basically, in "old-fashion" terms, placing my links into a folder. Once I click on a tag, then on one page, are displayed all the links on that particular topic. Please click here to access my tags for Web 2.0 Tools.

Delicious remains a tool for encouraging students (and teachers alike) to be more organized, while serving as a place for links for papers, projects, and personal interests.

Hungry for ways to be more organized with all the vast amounts of online information? Then Delicious is the snack for you. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Since my 21CLC journey began, Protopage has been my lifeline to organization, which obviously is not always convenient. Though I have a Delicious account, it is one of the tools which took a back seat as I worked by way through the overwhelming discovery of technology tools. I will restart the delicious process.

    ReplyDelete